NP/APN 2022 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now closed.
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for The 12th International Council of Nurses (ICN) Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) Network Conference 2022, which will be held Dublin, Ireland on 21 – 24 August 2022.
Conference Theme & Categories
The overall Conference theme for NP/APN 2022 is Advanced Practice Nursing: Shaping the Future of Healthcare.
Abstracts are welcome for submission in any one of the following categories:
- Advancing Nursing Practice to address inequality i.e. care delivery for populations on the margins of society; inclusion health, impact on social determinants of health; advocacy; empowerment; gender, sexual and reproductive health; influencing public policy; universal health care.
- Advanced Nursing Practice, Leading innovation in health care delivery. i.e., quality improvement; innovations; use of technology such as informatics, digital health, genomics, robotics; re-imaging traditional models of care delivery; lessons and experiences during the pandemic that changed NP/APN practice.
- Health and Wellbeing i.e., achieving universal healthcare; health promotion and public health; maternal and child health; ageing populations; prevention, assessment, diagnosis and management of communicable and non-communicable diseases; mental health and substance abuse; palliative and end of life care.
- Global Health and Climate Change i.e., the actualisation of WHO sustainable goals; pandemic preparedness; access to medicine; disaster planning and response; migration and shifting populations due to climate change, poverty, war or violence; reducing harm from hazardous chemicals; access to clean water, basic health care; sustainability and biodiversity.
- Building a global NP/APN workforce for health i.e. role identity; standards of practice, competencies; education for advanced nursing practice, optimising scope of practice; legislation and regulation, strategies to equip NP/APNs to influence health policy locally, nationally and globally actively; workforce planning; safe staffing, recruitment and retention.
- Evidencing the impact of advanced nursing practice i.e. outcomes of NP/APN care; service user experiences; patient safety; risk management; access, coordination and quality of care; health care utilisation; cost-effectiveness; using data to develop and implement care delivery systems and practice body of text.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Clinical Workshop
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations format is to be confirmed. Details will follow later.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Clinical Workshop Format
Workshops will be 60 – 90 minutes long which will include time for questions and answers.
Previously presented or submitted abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously published or presented at a National/International Conference will not be considered for presentation and authors will be asked to give consent that the abstract has not previously been published or presented when submitting the abstract. Please email NPAPNDublin2022@conferencepartners.com if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
The abstract submission process for NP/APN 2022 will be through an online submission portal
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract.
- You do not need to register for the conference in order to submit the abstract.
- All abstracts must be received by the submission deadline to be included in the review.
- Accepted abstract presenters must register by 14 June 2022.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with organisers.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the NP/APN 2022 abstract submission portal and Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the View/Edit Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster, Poster, Clinical Workshop,
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and role title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and role title of co-author(s)
- Abstract text – Abstract word limit is 400, use abstract headings listed below (word limit includes: headings/references; excludes: title, authors and affiliations)
Headings to be included in body of abstract
- Methods or Approach
- Results or Key Learnings
- Significance (Impact and Reach)
- Learning Objectives: List 2 to a maximum of 3 learning objectives that will be achieved through the presentation
- Additional information
- What is your professional role?
- Please state your academic qualification
- What is your area of expertise?
- Are you an APN student?
- Data consent agreement
- Publication of abstracts agreement
- Alternative contact for abstract
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the NP/APN 2022 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 17 May 2022.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 28 June 2022. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 14 June
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all NP/APN 2022 related publications
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for NP/APN 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 21 – 24 August 2022.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, may be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app and/or platform, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- A recording of the presentation/poster may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the NP/APN 2022 Programme Team NPAPN2022Dublin@conferencepartners.co