Speakers - Maurice Healy
RANP, RNID, ANP, MSc
Maurice is an Advanced Nurse Practitioners specialising in Intellectual Disability in Ireland and has over 36 years’ experience as a Nurse, Lecturer and Staff Trainer.
He trained as a Registered Nurse in Intellectual Disabilities in 1987, subsequently qualifying as a Behaviour Therapist. He continued his education by completing a Diploma in Training & Development & a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. He then completed his Master of Science in Intellectual Disabilities at the University of Birmingham in 2012. He currently works for the Brothers of Charity (Ireland) covering the Galway region.
On a daily basis Maurice utilises behavioural assessment to direct the use of practical strategies and supports grounded in the model of Positive Behavioural Support to support individuals and their families.
His special areas of interest is “Autism and the Impact of Sensory Processing/Integration”
Maurice has delivered lectures, educational events and training in the following areas:
- Behaviours that Challenge – Centres for Nurse & Midwifery Education.
- Higher Diploma in Behaviours that Challenge.
- INMO Conference on care of the Older Person (2016/2017).
- INMO conference for RNID’s (2018).
- An Garda Síochána Special Interviewers Conference (2018).
- RNID Conference – Cork Centre for Nurse Education (2018).
- Nursing Homes Ireland Conference (2014).
- Consultant to large service provider in North County Dublin
- Mowlam Health Care Services.
- Consultation to Primary and Secondary Schools / Galway.
- Galway Hospice.
- Nursing Midwifery Professional Development Units.
- Staff Trainer in Studio 3 Systems (behaviour management).
- Staff Debriefing.
- Speaker at Prague International Conference (Behaviour) 2018.